Oh Hai! I’m still here everyone, even if I haven’t been posting… and boy have I ever been busy. So much has happened in the last six months, and all for the better. I think reviewing this is a great example of how life doesn’t EVER care what your plans are… and you have to open yourself up to what life is going to put in front of you.
With that said, I have 40 days left in my 20’s… and I’m certain im not going to complete this list. And, I don’t want to. The changes in the last 6 months have gotten me to a whole new place, with entirely new goals. But, for posterity’s sake… lets take a quick look.
- Completed: 2
- Adjusted and possible: 2
- Possible: 4
- Just Nope: 2
Personal Goals: A Review
- Lose 30 lbs. Bahahahahaha. shit. So, I have been fluxing between 10-15 down, and I’m ok with that. Frankly, you have to decide what your goals are, and fitness just hasn’t really been at, or near, the top. Still think I could be healthier, but I’ve been so freaking busy with other things (teaser for tex post), and I’m in a good place in life.
- Pay off my credit card. Soooooo, reasons further below, but right after the New Year, I moved into a new apartment. It wasn’t something I had expected, very last minute, and I had lots of things to buy, including furniture. I also ended up having not one, not two, but four unexpected travel trips come up this year, and to save the most money, most were paid for well in advance. So, im adjusting. I was able to use some promos and get most of the unexpected costs in on 0% interest for a year, so… im going to adjust my goal to paying off all interest gaining debt paid off by the time I turn 30, and ACTUALLY MIGHT MAKE IT!
- Learn to french braid. Ugh. I have kind of started this one. Its actually much harder than I thought, simply because its incredibly hard to hold my arm up over my head for that long due to my shoulder surgery. Still, I have enough time to potentially knock this out yet… so not a total loss.
- Go to 3 concerts. BOOM. Done. I went to Theory of a Deadman in Sioux City in August 2018, Shinedown in Brookings and Twenty One Pilots(YASSSSSS) in St. Paul, both in October, and then finally to 5 Finger Deathpunch/Breaking Benjamin in Sioux Falls in November. So an extra concert…. does that help me make up for one I won’t accomplish. I’m going to go with yes… see the next one (hides face).
- Average one post per week. Obviously, not. And, there is no way for me to actually make up this average. I basically would have to post 38 posts before my birthday to hit this average, and i’m pretty sure that won’t actually happen. I will say though, the ones I have posted include some of my favorite makeups to date.
- Try Singing Bowl Meditation. Shoot. So, they used to do these at the Butterfly House here in Sioux Falls, but it doesn’t appear to be a thing anymore. So, I really do want to do this. I think it could be an interesting experience, so will see what I can do to find a provider.
- Do a Reiki session. I DO have someone that can do this, and I am going to get this scheduled ASAP… I hope she has availability…
- Take an INFJ course. So. Sometimes in a relationship you aren’t happy, and you blame it on yourself… This goal was kind of sneaky. 16 personalities has a page for each personality type for relationships, and I really wanted to buy their full PDF… simply for that section. I don’t know how much I actually got from that, because I ended up making the decision I knew I needed to do. So, I broke up with my boyfriend of 5 years. Nothing happened, it wasn’t unhealthy, it wasn’t… anything wrong. It just wasn’t the relationship that was right for me. He’s a good person, and I care about him, but I don’t think we loved each other the way we should have 5 years in. I kept waiting, and realized, I wasn’t doing either of us any favors. It wasn’t easy, but afterwards, it was a huge weight lifted from my shoulders. It has been actually very interesting to hear about how many people have told me it was “brave” to strike out on my own to be single at 30. To refuse to settle. I have a lot of thoughts on this, and perhaps I will dig into that more at a different time. In summary, i did buy the class, but I looked inside myself and answered my own question.
- Participate in NaNoWriMo. Yeah… nope.
- Travel out of the country. Bah, this actually IS one that I had wanted to do. That said, I have made 2 fairly major trips already, and I have two more major trips yet this year. AND I will be knocking 2 states off my list that I haven’t travelled to before, so, win? I think so. Lol, I have certainly spent as much as I would have on an international trip, so close enough.
More updates on the way!