One of the keys to succeeding at Farrells (on any fitness plan, really) is planning meals ahead… and one of my favorites is this Taco Chili! It really is as easy as opening up a few cans and letting it all cook! I have made this every other week, and still am not sick of it, even when I eat it twice or three times in one day!
You will need:
- 2 10 ounce cans of Rotel (diced tomatoes with chilies)
- 1 14 ounce can of chili beans
- 1 14 ounce can of black beans
- 1 14 ounce can of corn
- 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 packet of buttermilk ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
1. Begin by browning the beef (or turkey). When almost completely browned, add the diced onion and allow to cook for about 3 more minutes.
2. Add all other ingredients to a stock pot. When meat is completely browned and onions beginning to soften, add them to the pot as well. Stir.
3. Bring the chili to a slow simmer for 20-30 minutes. Garnish with a dollop of plain greek yogurt and a squeeze of lime and enjoy!
1 cup equals: 276 calories, 34 carbs, 21 protein, 7 fat