Before Jack takes off on Christmas Eve, Sally attempts to prevent the tragedy in her premonition by filling the town fountain with Fog Juice. It didn’t stop Jack and it shouldn’t stop you! Also, while you certainly don’t need to, I loved “dressing up” the punch bowl with a hollowed out pumpkin.
Fog Juice Party Punch
What you need:
- Large punch bowl
- Pumpkin large enough for your bowl, halved and hollowed. (optional)
- Punch Recipie. You can use any green punch recipe. I used this non-alcoholic recipe, but there are great alcoholic recipes as well.
- Dry Ice (about 10lbs will last an hour or two)
Start by cutting off the top 1/4 of the pumpkin with a serrated bread knife and completely hollow out. Once you have it cleaned out, continue to shave off the height of the pumpkin inch by inch until you can fit the bowl inside. Its ok if the bowl sticks out of the pumpkin slightly, especially if it is clear glass.
1. Mix up your punch according to the recipe. Pour into punch bowl.
2. Add dry ice. While it won’t necessarily hurt you to touch the ice temporarily, it is best to handle with tongs, since it is much colder than normal ice. Store excess ice in a cooler to reduce air flow, since air is what causes it to sublimate. It could work in a deep freeze, but most fridge freezers flow air to the fridge, which will sublimate your dry ice much faster.
Enjoy the fog and let the party commence! You will want to add a few more pieces to the punch ever 10-15 minutes or so.