After getting home from my “glamping” trip to the Palisades, I realized I had forgotten to make a side dish for a pot luck bachelorette party barbecue and had to pull something together fast. Conveniently, I hadn’t even broken into my graham crackers or marshmallows, and decided to make a dessert. It’s always a risk to try something new when you are bringing a dish as a guest, but it turned out to be the hit of the party!
I’m also not 100% sure what this would classify as. It isn’t solid enough to be called a bar, and it doesn’t contain any cake. The closest could be pie, but doesn’t quite fit. S’mores casserole? Call it what you will, it is absolutely delicious.
Gimme S’more Dessert
- 2 packages graham crackers
- 20 or so jumbo marshmallows (mini work too!)
- 1 package mini Rolo’s
- 1 package instant butterscotch pudding (and required ingredients, usually 2 cups milk)
- 1 king size bar of Hershey’s milk chocolate (1 cup of chocolate chips works too)
- Chocolate and Caramel syrup, optional
1. Crush up one bag of graham crackers and spread crumbs in the bottom of a baking dish. Evenly disperse the mini Rolos on top of the cracker crumbs.
2. Cover evenly with marshmallows. Cut jumbo marshmallows in half, otherwise it might be too much of a mouthful.
3. Make instant pudding according to directions and spread evenly over the top of the marshmallows.
4. Crush up the second bag of graham crackers and sprinkle over the top of the pudding. Cut up the Hershey’s bar and sprinkle on top. If you wish, you can also top with a drizzle of chocolate and caramel syrup!