I WANT PUMPKIN SPICE OR I WANT DEATH…. oh wait….
Making a bit of a play on the “basic girl” fall faves, this tutorial shows you how to pull of a basic zombie makeup without any guts or gore… as long as you don’t count rotting flesh. Also, I really do love fall, PSL, boots, leggings, and top knots… The whole shebang. Doing this zombie is really just a lot of contouring when you think about it so it actually fits right in.
Basic Zombie Makeup Tutorial
Seriously, have I mentioned how much I love doing zombie makeup? If you also love zombies, check out my Zombie category for more posts.
You will need:
- “dead guy grey/dead flesh” creme makeups by Cinema Secrets by Woochie, which you can find at many Halloween op-ups this time of year. I stock up each year, because this is the BEST Zombie makeup foundation I have found to date and it is very affordable.
- Contouring and shading of the eyes was done using my Tarte Pallete, but really, any matte powder in black, rust, and dark purple will work.
- Ben Nye Bruise wheel
- Stippling sponge
- First, base out your skin in the dead guy grey to remove the “life” color from your skin.
- Use a matte black to contour your cheeks, temple, neck, and eyes.
- Smoke out your eyes with matte black, the rust, and cover your lids with the dark purple.
- Using the stippling sponge, stipple dark purple on the contoured areas, and add a little bit on the flat parts of your face to break up the large areas of grey. Then add a stippled layer of pea-green and mustard yellow.
Pull on some uggs, wrap your hair into a top knot, rock those leggings and grab yourself PSL, and your look is complete.