These Bosnian “bomb” cookies are incredibly addicting! If I hadn’t known what they were called (Kuglice, pronounced Koog-lih-tsa, which literally translates into “bomb”) I would have called them orange snowball cookies! Made with orange soda, they are dangerously fast to whip together with just a few ingredients…no baking required! Be warned though, they are pretty rich and I couldn’t really handle more than two in a sitting, although I certainly wanted more!
Orange Snowball Cookies – Bosnian Bombs/Kuglice
You will need:
- 1 1/2 cups Lane ground biscuits
- 1 package Vanilla sugar (If you don’t have this, add 2 TBS extra sugar and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.)
- 4 TBS sugar
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut (for inside the cookie, more is needed for coating*)
- 1/2 cup orange soda
* Look for finely shredded, non-sweetened coconut. While the stuff you typically find in the baking aisle will work, I actually buy my coconut for this recipe and for my Cupavci or Cupavci Cupcakes from European stores. Its almost as fine as a grain, and it is perfect for coating treats like these.
1. Mix all of your dry ingredients in a bowl, then pour in the orange soda and mix.
2. Pour extra coconut into a separate bowl, and use a cookie scoop to form the “bombs” and roll them around in the coconut to coat. Makes roughly 8-10 bombs. Enjoy!