These bacon wrapped dates stuffed with goat cheese were a discovery at a very talented friend’s get together a month or so ago, and I couldn’t stop myself eating them… they were so good! I wanted to give them a try and see if they would be as good with turkey bacon so I could share with Damir… and they were just as delightful!
Bacon Wrapped Dates stuffed with Goat Cheese
You will need:
- 1 16 oz package of pitted dates
- 6 oz goat cheese
- 4 oz whipped cream cheese
- turkey (or pork) bacon, sliced longways into strips
1. Slice the bacon in half the long ways to create strips, then cut in half to make them shorter, basically four pieces per slice of bacon. Then slice open half of each date, carefully, so you don’t cut it completely in half.
2. Cream the goat cheese and cream cheese together. Carefully fill each date with the cheese mixture.
3. Wrap each date with the bacon strip, and pierce with a toothpick to hold.
4. Bake for 10 or so minutes at 425 degrees. Check often to make sure they don’t burn. Bacon should be cooked and slightly crisp.