Barrell’s mask makes this look identifiable no matter how to decide to pull the costume together. In addition, he needs he doesn’t go anywhere without his lollipop.
The lollipop was easily constructed by cutting out a circle of cardboard, painting orange and black swirls, then hot glueing a stick onto the back.
DIY Barrell Mask
You will need:
- 1 large flat bottomed tupperware bowl
- Box cutter
- Acrylic paint (white, yellow, black, orange)
1. So, I’m not going to lie. My first attempt failed hilariously. I attempted to paper mache onto a balloon without thinking it all the way through. I figured i would pop the balloon and cut away any excess. Nope. I had neglected to put something (cling wrap could have worked) between the balloon and the glue and popping the balloon caused the mask to collapse in on itself.
Try number two completely skipped paper mache and I went straight to using a tupperware bowl, although a frisbee would work great as well!
Gently start a cut about an inch from the bottom of the bowl just large enough for the scissors, then finish the cut with the scissors so you are left with a flat disk.
2. Paint the entire bottom of the disk white and allow to dry.
3. Mix yellow and white paint to get a pale yellow, and paint two circle eyes and a banana shaped mouth. Let dry.
4. Finish by tracing out the eyes and mouth and adding pupils, two slit nostrils, and big blocky teeth.