Finally, the third in the trio… Barrell! This one wasn’t quite as much of a DIY as it was a collection of items and an indulgence in my love for thrifting. Regardless, you don’t have to go full scale skeleton to make Barrell apparent, especially paired with the DIY Mask and lollipop!
We’re his little henchmen and
We take our job with pride
We do our best to please him
And stay on his good side
DIY Barrel Costume (Nightmare Before Christmas)
You will need:
- Skeleton shirt*
- Black blazer
- Black costume jewelry
- Black Leggings (skeleton leggings are a plus)
- Black boots or high heels
- Barrell Mask & Lollipop
*You can make your own bones out of white felt and hot glue on. You don’t need a lot of detail, as Barrell’s actual costume is just white shapes vs. the detail I have in my version.
1. I had found a fitted black tank top that I had planned on cutting out the ribs in felt and hot glueing them on when I came across this fantastic printed rib cage top. The shirt had a horrible collar attached that I removed by folding the shirt in half with the very front of the neck at one side. This way, you can cut the neck and have it symmetrical on each side.
2. The rest is just assembly of items. I couldn’t find any skeleton leggings that I liked, so I opted for the rest of the costume to be black, and I was glad I did. The detail on the shirt has enough impact on it’s own.
3. You can also wear skeleton gloves, which I had and completely forgot about until I had already finished these shots. Oh well.
4. Finally, pair with a DIY Barrell mask and his lollipop!