Barrell is an interesting character in terms of his color scheme, which I have seen represented using either green or blue. His hair is green in the movie, which is the color I lean towards as a primary color but I do believe his face has a slightly blue tint?
Either way you perceive his colors, I decided to use both in this take on the makeup.
Barrell Inspired Makeup Tutorial
You will need:
- Pale foundation (one or two shades lighter than your usual color)
- Translucent setting powder
- Green eyeliner
- Black Eyeliner
- Bright blue eye shadow
- Green eye shadow
- Natural pink lipstick
1. Start by applying a pale foundation that is a few shades lighter than your usual makeup. I used my winter foundation. You can add blush to the look if you prefer.
2. Heavily outline your eyes using the green eye liner, making a thick cat eye. For me, this wasn’t very defined, so I went over this adding a thin black line of eye liner over it (you can still see the thicker line of green) and went up slightly through the cat eye.
3. Cover your lid in green shadow, and fill in your brow with the green as well. Add a faint hint of the green shadow underneath your eye, extending towards the cat eye.
4. From the edge of the brow, around the cat eye all the way towards the temple and blending under the eye with the green, add the bright blue powder.
5. Finish with mascara and a light natural pink lipstick. I styled my hair with pigtails to accentuate the whimsical nature with the lollipop.