Hey everyone! I am going to be honest here, I have spent the last 3-4 days in full on battle with my migraine monster. Just part of life with Chronic Pain. Usually they don’t quite come on this strong unless I am in a full on flare up. Shoot. Regardless, I finally ran up against the last of my scheduled posts last night and couldn’t face the light of my laptop long enough to complete the DIY posts I had planned.
While I had hoped to stave off any flare ups until after Halloween (wishful thinking) its probably the fact I started a lot of my DIY projects in late August that caused this flare up in the first place. This migraine DOES give me a chance to post a very simple DIY that likely doesn’t really deserve a full post, but is an excuse to share more zombie pictures from my photoshoot. Sometimes, its nice having really easy decor items to use for your zombie party that take hardly any time at all!
Dead Inside Zombie Decor
You will need:
- 1 Piece of plywood, any size or thickness
- Spray paint (red or black, really any color on hand)
- Chains (you can get light, cheap plastic ones at Walmart or your local Halloween store)
1. This is really simple, and doesn’t necessarily need instruction so here is a few tips :P. Using the spray paint, paint “Dead Inside” or “Don’t Open Dead Inside” on your plywood depending on how much space you have.
2. Keep in mind that you will need the spray paint pretty close to the plywood to keep the spray from making the letters too large. I also greatly underestimated how large to make them, so they were smaller as I went along.
3. Finally, move quickly, as spraying close to the plywood gets a lot of paint on there fast, and you will get a lot of runs in your paint if you don’t move fast while spraying.
4. If you have a door that works well to chain shut, you can use the chains there. You could also set the plywood behind a food display, such as Zombie Bite Cupcakes or Graveyard Cupcakes, and weave the chain through the food.