One of the first items I wanted to make was Chicken Rollatini. Inspired by the Zucchini stuffed Rollatini on Skinnytaste.com, I made a few swaps with spinach and cranberries to make it a bit more “thanksgiving-y”. Is that a thing? I’m making that a thing.
Cranberry & Spinach Chicken Rollatini
- 4 Chicken Breasts, cut in half lengthwise to make 8 cutlets.
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Romano cheese
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 Tbs olive oil
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded (or grated) Parmesan cheese
1. Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees. Heat a pan/skillet on stove and add olive oil, saute garlic for 2-3 minutes until browned. Add Romano cheese, spinach, and cranberries and stir to combine. Remove from heat and allow to cool enough to handle.
2. Season your cutlets with salt and pepper, and lay flat on your work space. Then, in a small bowl, mix the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
3. Spoon the cheese mixture onto the chicken cutlets and spread evenly over the cutlet. Roll each cutlet, dip into the breadcrumb mixture, and thoroughly coat. Place in a sprayed baking dish. Once all cutlets are rolled, dipped and placed in your baking dish, give the tops a once over with the cooking spray.
4. Bake at 450 degrees for 35 – 40 minutes.