Did you notice this little guy hanging out in my Pumpkin Spice Doughnut post? One of the decor items I had started with the intention of posting before Halloween, this one just simply didn’t make it up until now. That said, it certainly can be used as part of your Holiday decor as we approach Thanksgiving!
To make it even better, this is a super fast and super quick DIY. And, if you don’t happen to have wine bottle corks on hand… you get to open another bottle… all in the name of art! If you don’t happen to have a bottle stopper lying around, you may have to drink the whole bottle… you know… to prevent waste and such.
Mason Jar Ring Pumpkin
What you need:
- Mason Jar Rings (any size
- 1 Zip Tie
- Hot glue Gun
- Wine bottle cork (I used one from Apothic Red Blend, which had lovely vines on it)
- Orange or White spray paint
- Glitter spray paint
- green fabric (I recommend tulle) cut into a leaf shape
1. Super easy! Arrange your mason jar lids so they are all facing the same direction and thread them onto the zip tie.
2. Curl the zip tie around and slowly pull it tight, moving the lids around as necessary around to to get it evenly spaced. Then pull the zip tie tight and cut off the excess tail.
3. If you would like to paint, this is the chance. Paint your mason jar lids the color you desire (White, Orange, Gold, really anything goes), then allow to dry.
4. Once the paint is dry (if you painted) use a hot glue gun to attach a fabric leaf to your wine cork (This is optional), then simply hot glue your cork in the center of the ring.