So, perhaps you are not up for making a full out Jack Skellington Surprise cake, or doing Ooogie Boogie cupcakes, and hey, that’s fine with me! You can still do Nightmare Before Christmas themed desserts in a far less time consuming way. This cookie snake is literally just making two kinds of cookies and arranging them with minimal decoration, but being able to make it on the fly doesn’t mean it isn’t still delicious!
What you need:
- 1 Package of sugar cookie mix (or your own sugar cookie recipe)
- Orange food coloring to add to the sugar cookie dough
- 1 Package chocolate chunk cookie mix, or other dark cookie flavor
- White frosting
- Black decorating frosting or two M&Ms
1. Make cookie dough according to recipe. Don’t forget to mix the orange food coloring into the sugar cookie dough!
2. Bake cookies according to recipe or package instructions. For the sugar cookies, depending on if you use a drop or cut out method, make sure you have at least two that are fairly large and flat.
3. Once cookies are baked, allow to cool completely on a cooling rack.
4. Arrange cookies alternating the chocolate and sugar cookies.
5. For the head, cut one of the large flat sugar cookies into a large wedge. Use the white frosting (I had some left over from other projects… and to still have it around is a huge feat!) to create two eyes and the black frosting or M&Ms for pupils.
6. For the tail, cut a smaller, longer wedge. Place both of these on either end of the snake.
You’re done! Delicioussssssssssssss